2020 Recap

This is probably going to be an almost long post.

There are a lot of things happened to myself during this one year. I'll include a little bit happened in my personal life as well. Feel free not to read or read it. 

It has been a year since MYPSC was revived. A lot of things happened since I juggled my real life commitments with pen spinning life. I struggled a lot in my final year of medical school and thank God I managed to passed it after countless tears and mental breakdown. To be honest it is very tiring and mental challenging until it made me think am I doing the right thing for juggling a lot of stuff in the same time.

As for pen spinning life, I managed to recruit new people and bring back old guys such as Xelphire, EffecT and Nare (previously known as Alvaris). It was a tough job to recruit and bring back these people back because they are busy with their studies and work. I can understand the commitments they have though but I'm glad they accepted my call and willing to contribute to the community even if it is a bit. 

There are few major CV projects of myself that I managed to publish and organize myself. These are some of the major projects that I managed to make it happen:

  • Aiman 3rd


This is my very first project after returning to pen spinning scene after 4 to 5 years of hiatus. Huge thanks to RIN for editing this video to me. I was kind of surprised when I received a lot of submissions for this project. Overall I am impressed with RIN's editing. Simple yet entertaining to watch. It was a pleasure to be able to work with him. Hope I'll be able to work with him again.

  • Beyond The Clouds

My second project of the year. I am trying to make a series of CV Projects where I can see how my editing skills and techniques improvements and also collaborate with other editors. I named this project as Sky Project. The project theme is based on sky and earth theme. This time I asked Xelphire (or Xelphy for short). He volunteered to become the editor after I asked him. The editing was okay for me to be honest but it was just that I did not filter any single one who submitted and the editing does not fit the music. Otherwise it is still enjoyable to watch.

  • MYPSC 6th

My biggest project for the year. I have been planning this project ever since January but I was afraid that me and the revival team were not unable to execute the plan due to our small numbers of spinners and our community is very fresh since we are starting from 0 again after 5 years. Few months after that we were able to pull and find new and called back the old spinners who are still casually spinning and inactive but willing to commit with us. Long story short we made it happen and huge thanks to everyone who played part by submitting their clips, promoting the CV and the editor, EffecT. I appreciate everyone's effort on making this happen. Thank you!
  • Under The Moon

My second Sky Project. This time I became the editor after leaving video editing for years and I thought that I need to start from somewhere again so that I can improve my editing. It feels great to be able to edit video again. Although the editing is very simple and I am using stock or template video for the intro and outro, I am quite satisfied with the editing even though there are a lot of bad editing and room for improvements. Stay tuned for Sky Project #3 early of next year!

  • MYPSC x GPC Community Tag Video

My last project of the year. Actually this is not a planned project. It all start with a chat on Germany Penspinning Community (GPC) Discord server. PHRAIN asked "MYPSC x GPC when?" and I just replied that we can arrange it and make it happen and the rest is history. I am really happy that we managed to get this project done. Thank you EffecT for volunteering to edit the video for both communities. I appreciate it. Looking forward on MYPSC future community tag video with GPC again and other communities as well. 

Other than CV projects, I joined two world-tier competitions which is Pen Spinning World Cup 2020 and Pen Spinning Olympics. For World Cup, I entered it without any preparations (blame Domin1c* for this for poisoning us to joined). We formed the very first National Team for Malaysia Pen Spinning Community which is called The APST. In case you haven't watch the video of our team, this is the video:


For Pen Spinning Olympics, I did prepare for this event but I didn't expect the deadline is on the week of my graduation exam for medical school and thus, affecting my recording time and less time to practice some links. I scored the last place in Round 1 LOL. Here's the video if you're wondering:

To the community members, thank you for staying with me throughout this one year. I believe that we won't reach this far or reaching this much members without you guys. My plan is still the same, to spread awareness of pen spinning in Malaysia again and bring back the good old days of local pen spinning scene so that we can plan more activities in the future. 

To summarize, this year is pretty much a good year for me in my pen spinning career and also personal life.  I managed to graduate from medical school, able to maintain MYPSC for a year and also maybe going to the next phase of life I guess? Marriage or adulting life perhaps? We'll see where life will take me. I am grateful that I have achieved this far in life. Here's to more things to come in 2021.

Cheers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Malaysia's Video For World Cup 2020

BMT2020 Final Results